DES MOINES - For the second straight season, the NIACC men's 4x100-meter relay team qualified for the Drake Relays.
The Trojans qualified for the Drake Relays with a time of 42.35 seconds with a first-place finish at Drake's Blue Oval Classic on April 13.
Other ICCAC teams that qualified for the 4x100 are Indian Hills, Hawkeye CC and Iowa Western.
Last season, the quartet of McMaster, Prince Boduo, Eastman and Deionte Ganzy ran 42.47 in the 4x100 at the Drake Relays and placed 18th out of 31 teams.
For the NIACC women, NIACC's Kasey Parish qualified for the Drake Relays in the javelin in the university/college division with a toss of 37.56 meters at the Wartburg College Select meet.
Parish ranks seventh in among NJCAA women in the javelin with her personal best toss of 37.56 meters.
Parish will throw at 1:30 p.m. on Friday. Also competing in the university/college division javelin will be former NIACC standout Sola Stephenson, who is a senior at Minnesota State.
The last time a NIACC female qualified for the Drake in the javelin was in 2014 when Adrine Monagi placed 20th with a toss of 38.71 meters.
NIACC's history at Drake Relays
- The NIACC men's 4x400 team of Alex Lugo, Nako Omot, OJ Ojullu and Brock Schultz ran 3:25.55 in the prelims of the University/College division.
- The NIACC women's 4x100 team of Priscilla John, Adrine Monagi, Dieuwertje Boelen and Shante Hawkins ran 50.13 in the prelims of the University/College division.
- The NIACC women's distance medley relay team of Lindsay Brunson, John, Kalama Towarap and Hannah Palmeter placed 16th (13:00.59).
- Monagi placed 20th in the javelin (38.71 meters).
- NIACC's Wal Khat placed 4th in the unseeded University/College 800 in a school record time of 1:52.00.